Subclass 191

Subclass 191: Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa - Regional Provisional Stream

The 191 visa is a permanent visa for skilled workers who hold an eligible visa and meet the required income criteria to live and work permanently in Australia.

This visa commenced in 16 November 2022

With this visa, you can:

  • Live and study/work full time in Australia
  • Apply for Medicare
  • Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
  • Bring your Immediate family with you to Australia permanently.
  • Apply for Citizenship once eligible. 

Subclass 191 - Regional Provisional stream Eligibility

To be eligible for a Subclass 191 -Regional Provisional stream, you must: 

You should hold a valid visa (Subclass 491 or 494) for atleast a time period of 3 years.

Have a taxable amount of income or earn above the specified income threshold for 3 years while holding a valid visa.

Be able to comply to all the requirements that is mentioned in the eligible visa you hold or have held.

You must have lived in a regional area during the term of your current visa. You are not required to stay in the regional area once you are granted with subclass 191.

You must meet Department health requirement and character requirement. This also applies for family members aged 16 years and over who apply for the visa with you.

Steps to apply for a Subclass 191 Visa

Something else ?


    We are happy to answer
    any queries you may have

    Can I apply for Subclass 191 directly?

    In order to apply for Subclass 191, you must first hold a valid Subclass 491 or 494 visa.

    Should I be in Australia when I apply for the visa?

    You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when the Department decide on your application.

    Can I include family members while applying for Subclass 191?

    Yes, this visa has the provision to include your spouse/ de facto partner and children.

    How long can I stay in Australia with this visa?

    This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. 

    Is Subclass 191 point tested?

    No, it is not a point tested visa but requires you to hold an eligible Subclass494 or 491 visa.

    Send Us Your Migration Enquiry